Graduate Degree Information
The School of Packaging offers the following graduate degree options:
- Master of Science in Packaging
- Doctor of Philosophy in Packaging
- Online Master of Science in Packaging
To learn more about our Graduate programs, including requirements, please review our most recent School of Packaging Graduate Handbook.
The School of Packaging accepts applications for Fall semester for all our graduate programs.
- Application deadlines for PhD and Master's (research/thesis) - For consideration of MSU scholarships and fellowships, Packaging Doctoral applications are due October 31st for the following fall semester. After this date, we accept applications without financial consideration, until February 15th.
- Application deadlines for Master's On-campus (non-thesis) and Master's Online - February 15th for the following Fall semester.
- For the Spring and Summer semesters, we only accept applications for the Master's On-campus (non-thesis) and Master's Online programs, and only from students who already hold a Packaging degree. The application deadline for Summer admission is February 15th; for Spring admission the deadline is October 31st.
If you are a current MSU Packaging student who is interested in the Master's or in a BS/MS dual enrollment, contact Aaron Tucker to discuss the deadline for application.
For a list of current graduate students, please visit the Graduate Student Directory.
For questions regarding a Masters or Doctoral Degree please contact:
Dr. Laura Bix, Graduate Director and Professor, Email: email@example.com
For questions regarding a Master's Plan B (non-thesis) degree, please contact:
Aaron Tucker, Assistant Graduate Director of Advising, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org