CONTRACT TESTING PROJECTS
The School of Packaging offers a variety of testing services on a fee-for-service, contract basis.
Testing projects examine packages and their components following standardized protocols developed by the American Society for Testing and Materials (ASTM), International Organization for Standardization (ISO), International Safe Transit Association (ISTA), and Technical Association of Pulp and Paper Industry (TAPPI).
Our distribution dynamics laboratory is an ISTA-certified test lab.
Some of the tests we can perform include:
- Film material characterization (e.g. gas permeability, tensile strength & elongation, dart impact resistance)
- Package integrity and seal strength
- Shock, vibration, and compression testing
- Weathering/UV Testing
- Coefficient of friction (paper and plastic)
- Paper tensile properties
- Postal service pallet testing
- Sample table cutting of client-supplied design files
For a price quote or to inquire about testing capabilities, please contact: